When you decide to sell your home, you want to attract buyers far and wide. An effective way to put your home’s best foot forward is by staging it to Instagram-worthy perfection. Home staging is not the same as decorating. Instead of instilling your personal style into the space, your goal is to make your home appeal to the largest pool of buyers possible.
According to the 2021 Profile of Home Staging, 47% of real estate agents report that staging affects their clients’ view of a home. A further 82% of agents say that staging makes it easier for buyers to visualize the property as their future home, which speeds up the sale. To maximize the benefits of home staging during your home selling journey, follow these eight tips.
- Know the home staging basics: If you do nothing else, make sure you de-clutter, deep clean, and depersonalize.
- Focus on curb appeal: The exterior and entryway of your home are your chance to make a good first impression. Trim your landscape, wash your windows, and consider adding flower pots to brighten up your home from the street.
- Pay attention to furniture placement: If your furniture is outdated, consider renting furniture to stage your home. Select pieces that match the scale of the room and create intimate furniture groupings rather than pushing the couches and chairs against the wall.
- Add neutral wall paint: If you have wallpaper, white walls, or walls in bold colors, paint them a neutral shade to make them more universally appealing.
- Give added attention to the kitchen and bathrooms: The quality of these rooms can make or break your home sale. Help them look their best with spotless appliances and fixtures, new cabinetry hardware, and fluffy white towels.
- Optimize lighting: Open your window coverings and turn on every light when showing your home. Add or replace light fixtures where necessary, and consider removing any outdated curtains and blinds. There’s nothing wrong with bare windows!
- Style your surfaces: Create vignettes on bookshelves with decorative boxes and figurines set in among the books. Then, add accessories to the coffee table, dining table, sidebar, mantle, and other surfaces. Large-scale accessories are best because they lend a less cluttered look to the space. Don’t hesitate to buy, rent, or borrow the right accessories to stage your home.
- Focus on fresh: Put flowers in vases, light vanilla-scented candles, and open the windows for 10 minutes before a showing to ensure the house smells fresh and inviting.
The real estate agents at Vutech | Ruff, Corcoran Global Living will do everything we can to help you obtain the quickest and highest sale possible. In addition to advising on market value, we can help you stage your home in preparation for listing it. You’re sure to extend your reach to more interested buyers thanks to the customized marketing plan we’ll create for you. To request help with selling your home in the Columbus, OH, area, please call 614-897-0618 or contact us online today.